Military Contractors Are Pioneering Digital Twins
The A&D Working Group is focusing on the applicability of digital twins across the lifecycle in various industries, including land, maritime, air, cyber, and space.
The group is looking at:
The overall goals of the group are to help organizations improve operational efficiency: reduce maintenance costs, optimize equipment design, increase operational capacity, and improve the performance of airplanes, ships, ground vehicles, weapons, satellites, and so on.
Our Key Priorities
Ascertain applicability to different stages of the product lifecycle
- Identify the need for interoperability.
- Evaluate the interaction required between physical and digital components.
- Identify standards gaps and requirements.
Exploration of use cases and a semantic ontology for A&D
- Examine commonality and differences between different sectors.
- Focus on new areas such as CBM+ and DevSecOps.
- Develop reference architectures for weapons design, aircraft maintenance, air travel, etc.
Development of simulation scenarios
- Separate a digital twin from its physical corresponding devices.
- Establish a simulated environment in which the digital twin can interact.
- Simulate interactions within, between, and amongst twins.