Creating the Foundation of a New Industry
The Capabilities & Technology Working Group is focused on creating the foundation upon which the digital twin industry will be built. The group's capabilities scope includes Security & Trustworthiness, Reliability, Safety, Resiliency, Interoperability, and Privacy.
The group fosters the development of reusable, scalable, and repeatable twin models and methodologies, and considers the impact of twins on the environment, the circular economy, and societal changes. The group and its corresponding sub-groups are focused on:
Our Key Priorities
Put forth a preferred definition and glossary of digital twins
- Recommend a taxonomy/ontology/hierarchy.
- Help understand the spectrum from simple to complex.
- Scope out underpinnings for recommended architectures.
Evaluate models for digital twins and enabling technologies
- Highlight the Technology Showcase for digital twin use cases, and the Value Innovation Platform, featuring real-world proof-of-concept testing environments.
- Promote the Member Technology Spotlight, focusing on DTC member evolution.
Refine technology capabilities and methodologies
- Notably maturity and assessment, composable frameworks, open source, and system reference architectures.
- Work with our liaisons to scope a digital twin reference architecture.
Business Maturity Model
Tim Connolly, APTUMX LTD
Dana Kawas, Thynkli Enterprises Inc.
Open Source, Standards, and Platform Stacks
David McKee, Slingshot Simulations
Interop Tiger Team
Anto Budiardjo, Padi LLC
Security & Trustworthiness
Detlev Richter, TÜV-SÜD
David Shaw, Intuitus