Leveraging Digital Twins for Virtual-First Planning That Will Connect the Entire Planet
In today's telecommunications world, digital twins are providing a 360-degree view of network performance and usage patterns, enabling improved analysis, optimal coverage, accurate predictive analytics, and effective management approaches.
By using a virtual model of an entire area or process, organizations can visualize and test out different initiatives, making data-driven decisions based on billions of network performance data points. These initiatives can then be evaluated through more precise enterprise-level analytics and location intelligence, to help identify optimal implementation scenarios.
For instance, digital twins can simulate the propagation of radio waves in various environments and identify the optimal placement of antennas and repeaters for maximum coverage and signal strength. A digital twin of a satellite communications system or cellular tower can monitor its performance in real time and identify potential issues or faults before they become critical.
The group is looking at:
Our Key Priorities
Develop new tech
- Platform development for emerging technologies
- Bridging the gap to non-IP-based networking
- Creating a faster path to information/intent-based networking
Leverage the best of digital twins
- Enabling smart city's economic and societal structure improvements
- Focusing on sustainable energy reuse
- Capacity planning, network design optimization, and operations
Design novel paradigms
- Provide transparent 360 cyber security
- Considering implementations of AI and machine learning
- Identify gaps in standards and establish standards requirements